Pure Love and Patience

Pure Love, 1 Corinthians 13:4–8a, white bleeding heart flowers, love never fails, patience, Cindy Rippe, Florals-Family-Faith
1 Corinthians 13:4–8a - Pure Love - Bleeding Hearts ©CindyRippe2013
I've been looking for the perfect opportunity to use this photo of white bleeding hearts. I captured the image early one morning at the Chicago Botanic Gardens (in the English Walled Garden area). Today is the day. The white hearts remind me of Pure Love.

The last two days have been a interesting around here.  I've been REALLY patient with family members that totally deserve that respect. Did lots of favors and tried to be loving and patient while dealing with work and home remodeling stress. A few situations had me screaming inside my head but outwardly I patiently encouraged those I dearly love and helping as much as I could.

Trust me, I'm not perfect though.  During a separate situation, after four conversations with employees at the phone company over several frustrating hours. I quietly said "No thanks, there's nothing else you can help me with" disconnected the call and threw the phone down as I yelled out in anger "No! REALLY...I've had ENOUGH!"  I think I shocked my Mom. She forgot about it quickly though so I think it's OK.  Last night, after I pushed myself to finish just one more job, I made a smart comment to Lee about forgetting to turn off the TV when he went to bed.  He SO did not deserve that.  I apologized right away, and he responded in his usual patient and understanding way. He knew I was really tired but I shouldn't have said anything.  He is probably the definition of pure love.  Just loves me for who I am, doesn't judge, doesn't yell, quickly forgets mistakes that I've made and thinks of others before himself.  I am so grateful for that! 

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4–8a

2 comments:

  1. Cindy,
    I am more impressed with your spirit and talent each time I visit your site! Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Diane! I'm so happy you've been inspired and appreciate the visits.

      Delete

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...