Mixed Media Zinnia Class

Mixed Media Zinnia ©Cindy Rippe 2012
This week I'm prepping and gathering supplies to teach this class for the Greater Cincinnati Decorative Artists Retreat at the Higher Ground Conference Center in West Harrison, Indiana.  They have such a nice group and the Retreat is great fun!  You should check it out sometime if you're looking for a creative retreat with lots of classes to choose from.

I painted this Zinnia with Acrylics on a digital background that tells a little story about the plant.  Then I layered colored pencil and ink details to the flower and a few of the words.  Such a happy flower!  I've collected seeds from my family and friends and hope to have an "All Pink" Zinnia bed this year.  With the nature of this fun flower though I'm sure there will be a few that need to stand out from the crowd with assorted colors.  We'll see!....

 Happiness held is the seed; happiness shared is the flower.  ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...