Quiet Moment - Mixed Media on Digital Image

Quiet Moment -©Cindy Rippe 2012
Registration has started for the Artist Expo Houston, The Woodlands, TX. It's my second year to attend and I'm happy to be returning as one of their teachers this year.  I demonstrated and sold my Mixed Media with Colored Pencil packets and Drawing Botanical books in Janelle Johnson's booth last year.  It was a great show! I hope you'll join me.

I took the picture of this little fairy during the Annual Garden Walk in Kankakee one year.  She was sitting in a wooded area filled with blooming Hosta plants.  As usual, I tend to get a little lost behind the lens of my camera and the rest of my group had moved ahead to another area of the garden.  It was so peaceful and quiet.  I could imagine myself enjoying a rare "Quiet Moment" reading something inspirational and listening to the birds and bees buzzing from bloom to bloom.

After I played with the image in Photoshop to add a frame and embellishments I painted the Hosta with Acrylics and added details in ink and colored pencil.  I'm really looking forward to teaching this class and inspiring the students to try something new.

I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in.  ~George Washington Carver

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...