Faded but not Forgotten

Faded White Tulips - Cindy Rippe 2012
It's no secret to my family and friends that I love white tulips.  As soon as I can get some after Christmas I try to have them in the house all the time.  I grow them in the garden and enjoy their happy promise of spring displayed in a variety of antique containers for several months. 

Most years this works out to buying a small bunch at the grocery store every other week. They continue to grow in the vase and the ever changing display can be sweet or a wild dance of petals and stems.  This year, living between two houses while caring for Mom, there were fewer displays.  They've been more precious than ever! 

Before saying goodbye to this faded bouquet, part of a wonderful gift from my friends Jeanette and Larry, I decided to take a picture and save the memories until next Spring.  Wilted and limp in the vase but elegant in their faded glory laying on the tabletop.  Today, I am grateful for the promise that they'll return again next Spring.


"The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8 NIV


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...