Life's Canvas - Playing with Paint

Acrylic Wash techniques, quote by Danny Kaye, positive thinking, Ephesians 4:23 quote, playing with paints, bright colors, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
LIFE'S CANVAS - ©CindyRippe2013 - quote by Danny Kaye

I'm looking forward to a fresh start as August begins. July has been an interesting month, with plenty of ups and downs, but I'm so glad I can focus on the positive moments, thoughts, support, and fun that I had.  This quote by Danny Kaye sums it up for me.  The bright colors really lift my spirit.

I used the fabric swatch on the bottom as inspiration to create the loose, playful background on the top. After wetting a sheet of watercolor paper I used a large flat brush to add layers of DecoArt Americana acrylic paints thinned to a wash consistency. There was no plan, just allowed myself to play.  I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the process and bright colors. It's all very different for me. I'm usually drawn to feminine, soft pastel colors.

The piece was painted during Mary Jo Leisure's Design Seminar this year. She had us select a piece of fabric for our design inspiration.    I was drawn to this darker, abstract looking, pattern but the bright colors in the finished design really lift my spirit!

Tomorrow I'll share what I did next with the completed background.

And to be renewed in the spirit of your minds.... Ephesians 4:23 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...