One of my "almost" Daily Devotional sketches - Daily Guidepost inspiration

Pen and Ink with Inktense Pencils, Daily Devotional book, Sam Adriance quote, Psalm Psalm 37:23, Psalm 103:19, Tulips and Painting Tools, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
May 7th Devotional Sketch - Inktense Pencils and Black Pen in Daily Guidepost book - sketch and photo by ©CindyRippe2013
You might remember that I try to sketch in my devotional book "almost" every day.  It gives me a few minutes to think about the bible verse and message after I read it.  Sometimes I sketch something that the message reminds me of and other days I just draw something that's currently blooming around here. Lately, it seems, that it's the only painting/drawing that I get to do.

I like the translucent coverage of the Inktense pencils.  That way I can go back and read the message again if I want to.  They also blend beautifully with very little water which means  I don't have to seal the pages to prevent bleed through on the other side.

The devotional message today in my 2013 Daily Guidepost book was about 3 good friends and their plans.  Things didn't seem to work out the way they wanted them to.  It wasn't easy but Sam Adriance, the author, tells how God made it so he could fit the pieces together himself and make it work.  It reminded me of my struggle to figure out my design business and how I've let life's craziness keep blocking my path.  I'm so grateful that I'm figuring out how to work around things and move forward with my creative and business goals.

His message at the end "Thank You, Lord, for always showing me how to create what I want."  Had me thinking about how lucky I am to have the skills and opportunity to combine my love of nature and art.  What a wonderful way to start the day!

 The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; Psalm 37:23 (NIV)


Have a Cup of Mrs. Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...