Spring Beauty and Finding a better Mood!

pink crab apple flowers, go for a walk, nothing is so beautiful as Spring, Gerard Manley Hopkins, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Crab Apple Blossoms today - ©CindyRippe2013
I found myself getting really frustrated today while working in the office.  I've been pulled in several directions lately with current jobs that need to be finished and an exciting new project I can't wait to get started on.  Mix those emotions with normal family "stuff" and decisions that need to be made and it adds up to "I think I need to go for a walk!!!"  It was time for a break so I decided to run a quick errand as my excuse to escape the office and headed over to the park.

I've been watching all the crab apple trees in the neighborhood and anxiously waiting for their beautiful blooms.  They'll all be open in the next day or two but look what I found on the sunny side of the tree this afternoon!  A few brave flowers that were reaching for the warmth of the sun.  There were quite a few bumblebees on that side so I'm sure they were happy too!

Good thing I had my camera with me.  My wish came true and I got to enjoy these first lovely blooms, walked off the bad attitude and came home to finish at least some of my work.  I sure don't want to spend my favorite time of the year in the office all day.  I think this just might become a habit!

Nothing is so beautiful as spring - when weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Thrush's eggs look little low heavens, and thrush through the echoing timber does so rinse and wring the ear, it strikes like lightning to hear him sing.  Gerard Manley Hopkins




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...