Saying Good-bye to the Lilies

Stargazer Lily, Oriental Lily, Late Summer Perennial Bulbs, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Lilies in my August Garden ©CindyRippe2013
As I watered the garden today I realized that I was saying goodbye to the lilies. I'm sure they'll be gone in the next day or two. They were magnificent this year, lasting for several weeks, and scenting the air with sweetness.  You can see the Rudbeckia flowers peeking their yellow faces out from underneath.  It looks like they are ready for the next act in the perennial bed fashion show.

Each moment of the year has its own beauty.  Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...