The Last Amaryllis Flower and Hope for Blooms next year

Reblooming Amaryllis, Summer care for Amaryllis, Where Flowers Bloom so there is Hope quote by Ladybird Johnson, Hope Bible Verse fromRomans 15:13, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
My last Amaryllis flower this year - quote by Ladybird Johnson - photo ©CindyRippe2013
This was the Amaryllis plant that I bought at the Antiques and Garden Fair last month.  It ended up being the last one that bloomed for me this year.  I had 6 bulbs, 4 saved from previous years and I staggered the bloom time for several months.  It was the best year ever for them.  I think they helped me to get through the long winter and reeeaallly late spring!

I'll start preparing them for growing outside soon.  If I can stand the wilting old leaves, and remember to feed them often, they grow stronger and the bulbs with be restored.  I can hope for another year of blooms next winter.  I think it's worth the work and I'm lucky to have the space to store them in our cool basement until I bring them out "into the light" and they'll start their blooming party all over again.

If you'd like to make your Amaryllis bloom again there are great instructions HERE at the United States National Arboretum website.  I've always left them in the pots in the shade during the summer but this year I'll try the instructions that they recommend.  Good Luck!

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.  Romans 15:13


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...