Spring is Driving me to Distraction!

Spring has Returned quote by Rainer Maria Rilke, Daffodils by the fence, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Distracted by Daffodils - photo ©CindyRippe - Spring Quote - Rainer Maria Rilke
As I was driving Mom home last night I kept pointing out all the flowers and trees along the route.  She doesn't notice them as much anymore on her own but when I draw her attention to them sometimes she'll tell me a story about something she planted in her yard or talk about the fabulous roses her Mom was known for growing or the tomatoes that her Dad taught her how to plant.  Gardening is a family gene that I've inherited and gives a way to connect.

Seeing all of these beautiful gifts of Spring can also be a distraction when she's unhappy or it can be a reason to go somewhere or do something.  Of course, the flowers can also be too much of a distraction for me!  I'm trying hard to pull over to the side of the road when I see a spectacular display instead of gawking out the window as I'm driving.  For me, this time of year could be similar to drivers who text on their cell phones.  It's not easy, but I think I do a pretty good job of keeping the driving and flower search separate.  A little more wear and tear on the brakes and parking the car will keep everyone safer. But I sure do enjoy all the colors whizzing by my windows!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.  Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...