Lilac Love

Lilacs, Song of Solomon 2-11-13, The scents of Spring, Love quote, Terri Guillemets quote, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
The scent of lilacs - quote by Terri Guillemets - photo ©CindyRippe2013
I think the scent of lilac flowers is my favorite.  They are just starting to open this week, so you know I'm starting and ending each day checking them out in the garden.  I remember when we started planning our wedding, many springs ago, I thought I could carry a bouquet of lilacs down the aisle.  Of course, after a reality check, I realized that choosing a wedding date based on the time they bloomed would be pretty difficult. I think I'll always love those moments when the spring breezes carry their scent my way though!

'For behold, the winter is past, The rain is over and gone. 'The flowers have already appeared in the land ; The time has arrived for pruning the vines, And the voice of the turtledove has been heard in our land.  'The fig tree has ripened its figs, And the vines in blossom have given forth their fragrance. Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, And come along!' "  Song of Solomon 2:11-13


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...