Leftovers Antiques at the Chicago Botanic Garden Show

Antiques, plant, terrariums, flowers at home, living with collectibles, Chicago Botanic Garden, Antiques and Garden Fair 2013 - Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Leftovers Antiques and Home Mercantile booth at the Antiques and Garden Fair - photo ©CindyRippe2013
As promised, I'd like to feature some of my favorite booths at the Antiques and Garden Fair at the Chicago Botanic Garden last weekend.  I really enjoy the combination of antiques and collectibles with plant, flowers and in this case, terrariums that the vendors strive for in their displays.  It represents living with your antiques not just displaying them which is what we do around here.  Yes, some things have been broken, and yes I was disappointed, but at least we got to use them! I do get picky when I'm decorating though. It takes me a while to decide how I want to set things up but once I'm happy with it we enjoy our tiny house.

When I walked into Leftovers Antiques, Home Mercantile's booth I received a warm welcome, and that warmth extended to the displays that surrounded me.  The shop in Brenham, Texas, offers a mix of items in their ever-changing 10,000 sq ft showroom.  If you have the opportunity, try to stop in and get inspired.  I know it's on my "someday" list!

Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey. Tad Williams 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...