Antique American Wicker at the Chicago Botanic Garden Show

Chicago Botanic Garden, Antiques and Garden Fair 2013, Flowering plants in pots, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Antique American Wicker booth at Chicago Botanic Garden Fair - photo ©CindyRippe2013
The tour of my favorite booths at the Antiques and Garden Fair at Chicago Botanic Garden continues with Antique American Wicker.  Owners, Michael Donovan and James Butterworth, were friendly and knowledgeable, about their collection.  Their business is located in Nashua, New Hampshire in an 18th century estate.  They started out restoring and selling antique wicker after furnishing their family's porches when they were young. Isn't that how many of us start out in entrepreneurial businesses? Doing the research and work to accomplish a personal goal and falling in love with what we've learned. They later became full time antiques dealers. I, for one, love what they have found.

That huge garden gazebo is made of metal (I'm not sure if it's painted but I love the patina!)  I wish I could have captured a better image of the wrought iron doors.  They were spectacular!  And, once again, I focused on the flowers.  That's my passion; just as there's is collecting and selling all those fabulous one of a kind treasures.  I collect white ceramic flower pots and so I found that row of  green pots filled with flowers to be absolutely charming.

I have a friend that used to live in that area.  I wonder if she ever shopped there?  I'm adding it to my "someday" travel list. Even if it is just to visit with Michael and James and to see that 3 story post-and-beam barn that their collection is housed in.


Our admiration of the antique is not admiration of the old, but of the natural. Ralph Waldo Emerson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...