Spring Kissed Tulips and Anne of Green Gables

Spring Flowers, Tulips, L. Hughes quote, Anne of Green Gables, Lucy Maud Montgomery, enjoying the day, time to read a book, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Spring Kissed Tulips - quote by L. Hughes - photo ©CindyRippe2013
Finally!  A beautiful Spring day.  After a bit of frustration today I finally just gave in and gave up trying to accomplish anything from my "to do" list.  Took Mom outside to sit on the deck and enjoy the flowers, birds, and sunshine. She needed the rest and so did I.  After taking a few photos of the garden I decided to read a book.  I chose my Anne of Green Gables Anthology, written by Lucy Maud Montgomery.

I think the first book in the series, Anne of Green Gables, is my favorite. It's written in such a way that it makes you slow down and enjoy the deliciousness of each word.  I love the style of writing and descriptions of the characters, their life and country surroundings.  I can imagine riding in the horse drawn buggy through the "White Way of Delight".  "a stretch of road four or five hundred yards long, completely arched over with huge, wide-spreading apple-trees, planted years ago by an eccentric old farmer.  Overhead was one long canopy of snowy fragrant blooms. Below the boughs the air was full of purple twilight and far ahead a glimpse of painted sunset sky shone like a great rose window at the end of a cathedral aisle."  text quoted from  Anne of Green Gables - Three Volumes in One - written by Lucy Maud Montgomery - published by Avenel Books, New York.

I had plenty of interruptions while reading but made a point of enjoying every minute that I could of the lovely day.  I'm pretty sure Mom enjoyed it too.

“Dear old world', she murmured, 'you are very lovely, and I am glad to be alive in you.”  L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...