Foxgloves and Happy Details - A Mixed Media Project

copyright ©Cindy Rippe 2012 
Foxgloves and Happy Details - Mixed Media ©Cindy Rippe 2012
I do love details!  Most of the pictures I take are a study of the details in flowers and plants. Even when I take family pictures I look for the details and ways to connect the emotions behind the moment.

This Mixed Media design was a perfect example of how I just kept adding details to express my happiness as I remembered the moment that I took the picture.  Just couldn't leave well enough alone. I added layers and layers to the photo including a Photoshop drop shadow frame before I even printed the picture.  I decoupaged papers, words and lace, painted accents and extra flowers, sculpted flowers with paper clay, and finally glued on a little card stock bird .*it's a Marjolein Bastin pushpin


The secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life, and in elevating them to art.  William Morris

Note: The quotation, is a portion from Morris's lecture, "The Aims of Art" (collected in Signs of Change, 1888) and has been adapted to fit the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...