Pink, Girly and Vintage Sewing Area

Cindy Rippe - Amaryllis - Apple Blossom - January 2012

 This delicate little Amaryllis sure loves the sun in the southeast skylight window.  It sits on the vintage desk that serves as my sewing cabinet.  The desk was my Grandmother's and I'm happy to have it as a memento. She made beautiful quilts, not on this desk, but it makes me think of her as I sew my little projects.
Cindy Rippe - Apple Blossom Amaryllis - January 2012 on the sewing cabinet.
I love my little sewing machine.  It's pink and girly! The green depression glass dish is perfect for some of my old buttons and it catches the light from the window.  It's actually a refrigerator dish. This is what they stored leftovers in before plastic containers were made.  The mini rose is artificial and lives in a vintage cream-ware planter.

And so our mothers and grandmothers have, more often than not anonymously, handed on the creative spark, the seed of the flower they themselves never hoped to see - or like a sealed letter they could not plainly read. Alice Walker


Blog Hops Everyday Friday Blog Hop Featured On The  Crafty Nest Ladybird Ln

1 comment:

  1. This is precious! I LOVE great depression glass dish and the sweet pink sewing machine LOTS!!! Your blog is SUPER cute! Thanks so much for visiting earlier! I'm excited to be your newest follower!!! I'd love it if you would share the 'LoVe!' on your next visit to It's Overflowing!!!

    XO, Aimee
    Your New Bloggy Friend

    If you get a free moment,I have a ramsign giveaway going on right now...there's a link on my right sidebar!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...