A Gathering of Amaryllis in the Studio

Cindy Rippe - copyright 2012 -Nymph Amaryllis
After a little family break I'm back in the studio and thought I'd continue the tour (started here - continues here). The first bulb to bloom in this part of the room is a variety called Nymph. The veining is a little darker than the Apple Blossom variety on the sewing table.  Still in the white and pink family though.
Amaryllis plants gathered in the skylight - Cindy Rippe 2012
The other skylight in my studio is right next to my drawing table.  I usually have one plant here but the light was perfect for the rest of my amaryllis bulbs this year.  I have a soft spot for terracotta flower pots and use them all over the room.  The more "used" they look, the more I love them.
This area shows one end of my cabinets that I've used a vintage door on top of as the countertop.  The drawers in the back are originally metal planter boxes.  I think the row of drawers is about 6 ft long. Lee made a shelf to go across the top and they hold my huge collection of ribbon. Some day I'll get the handles on them and label the drawers.
Cindy Rippe - 2012 - Amaryllis and Marjolein Bastin Datebook
You might recognize the Marjolein Bastin datebook I've been using for many years in my tablescapes both at home and in the studio.  It's been featured in my Art in Entertaining blog with hyacinths and daffodils.
Cindy Rippe - copyright 2012
The mini clock is a treasured gift that moves around the studio whenever I need a little accent.  It's another Marjolein Bastin design.  Mom and I collected her work when I first built the studio about 10 years ago. I think I bought the moss covered pot filled with mini roses on one of my trips to Nell Hill's in Atchison, Kansas. (love that place!)

My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams.  The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful.  ~Abram L. Urban

HookingupwithHoH

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...