Counting 100 blessings

Sunflowers, Thanksgiving, Philippians 1:3, Cindy Rippe, Giving Thanks, Autumn Flowers
Thanksgiving Sunflowers ©CindyRippe2013 - Bible verse - Philippians 1:3
I hope you'll take some time, at least today, to give thanks for the blessings you have.  I know from first hand experience that life isn't always easy but there are always things to be grateful for.  This verse, from Philippians 1:3, inspired me to share one way that I do that.  When I go to bed, I silently try to count 100 people that I'm grateful for.  They may be only a wonderful memory now but have blessed my life in some way.  It could also be the checkout girl that finally made me smile that day, a friend that shared something special that happened to them, a gifted writer that inspired me or an artist that captured a beautiful moment in nature with their talent and skills.  But it always includes my very wonderful family.

I can usually find 100 people to be grateful for and rarely fall asleep before I finish the list.  It's a good reminder though, on the roughest of days, that I am truly blessed.  God's blessing to you and yours on this THANKSGIVING DAY!

A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues.  Cicero

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...