Handpainted Wedding Dress


My anniversary is this week and I started thinking about some of the Wedding projects I've done over the years.  I designed and hand painted this dress for a CHA Designer Showcase Display one year.  The CHA Conference and Trade Show is an event for professionals in the Craft and Hobby Industries. 
#fabric painting,  #DecoArt, #Pentel Arts, #wedding dress with red flowers, #repurpose dress, #handpainted wedding dress, #Florals-Family-Faith, #Cindy Rippe
Ivory Wedding Dress Painted with DecoArt Fabric Paints - copyright Cindy Rippe
I really had fun with this project.  I used DecoArt So Soft Fabric Paints and and a Gel Roller for Fabric Pen by Pentel Arts.  After I sketched the flowers with the pen, I used the fabric paint to add shading and reinforce thick lines.  I also painted few of the flowers on the bodice and made a black satin sash to update the look. (one of my few sewing projects)

#fabric painting,  #DecoArt, #Pentel Arts, #wedding dress with red flowers, #repurpose dress, #handpainted wedding dress, #Florals-Family-Faith, #Cindy Rippe
Close up of Dahlia - copyright Cindy Rippe
#fabric painting, #wedding dress with red flowers, #repurpose dress, #handpainted wedding dress, #DecoArt, #Pentel Arts, #Florals-Family-Faith, #Cindy Rippe
Border Close up - copyright Cindy Rippe
What a great way to update and personalize a dress for your special day!


True love stories never have endings.  ~Richard Bach

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...