The Red Rose of Encouragement

Single Red Rose, Deborah Day quote, Luke 6:31, friendships, support, connections, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
A Single Rose to represent the support of friends - ©CindyRippe2013
During the installation ceremony at TOPS last month I was presented with this single rose.  It was part of a bouquet that represented the members of the group.  Even though it is strong, and is beautiful on it's own, it looked even more lovely that night as part of the bouquet. I look at it as a symbol of my promise to encourage and support the other members of the group. Tonight is the first time I will lead the members through the meeting since our chapter Leader is unable to attend.   The rose my reminder of the promise I made and will do my best to support the chapter.  I know that I've enjoyed the encouragement they've given me in the past.

I think this quote, by Deborah Day, "Encourage, lift and strengthen one another. For the positive energy spread to one will be felt by us all. For we are connected, one and all"

A phone call this afternoon reminded me again of the rose.  My friend, Kelly, called to check in on my progress with my design project.  It's a great feeling to have a friend with the same interests as you that is there to support and encourage you along the way.  We both enjoy a creative energy that seems to connect us in a way that no one else understands.  (And I really mean that.  There are times when no one else would understand what we are thinking and the energy our ideas create could probably light a fire.) I can only hope that I've been there to support her as well when she's needed it.

And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them. Luke 6:31

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...