Nature's Bright Spirit

The brightest crab-apple blossoms I've ever seen  - quote by R.W. Emerson - photo ©CindyRippe2013
The flowers on this crab-apple shrub were intense!  I saw the large shrub from far away and it made me turn the car around to get a closer look.  I wasn't even sure what type of plant it was at first.  I'm pretty sure, after a bit of research, that it's a type of crab-apple that's been trimmed into a shrub shape.  Overgrown now, though, and filled with thousands of bright pink/orange/red blossoms for all to see.

All I know for sure is that the colors matched my mood this day.  My heart was filled with the beauty of abundantly blooming flowers on the trees as I walked along the streets in my town.  I hope to carry that feeling with me and bring back the memories on days when I need some happiness to lift my spirit. I don't know about you but my mood matches the weather and brightness that a day might bring.  I'll need to look at this one next winter, I'm sure, but right now I'll appreciate the beauty of a living Spring.


Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.  Ralph Waldo Emerson 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...