Abundant Lilac Blooms and Blessings

French Lilac, Spring Flowering shrub, Unpredictable Northern Illinois Spring weather, abundance, blessings, gardens, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Our lilac bush went crazy this year with lovely flowers ©CindyRippe2013

I'm not sure if you can see the top of the fence, but it's 6 ft tall.  This French Lilac bush is about 25 years old and has never grown to more than 6 feet.  It's always been really delicate, with few flowers. Enough flowers, but still only a few compared to the more common variety of Lilac bush. That might be due to the partly shady location, but was labeled as a variety that would grow to about 5 feet tall. I liked that trait.  Well this year, along with all the rest of the Spring flowering bushes and trees, it bloomed abundantly.  I mean, it's crazy huge, with tons of flowers that I've been sharing with the neighbors and smells fabulous!  Maybe it's making up for last year when an early heat wave zapped all the spring flowers.

There won't be too many days left for these flowers, as it's getting warmer, so I thought I'd take a few pictures to document this years growth.  You never know what to expect each year with Northern Illinois weather.  I'll be grateful for the good times, that's for sure!  I hope you enjoy it too!

When you focus on being a blessing, God makes sure that you are always blessed in abundance.  Joel Osteen 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...