Bright Tulips and a Life Lesson

Orange Tulips, Morton Arboretum, Caring for Mom, Cherokee quote, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Pay attention - Don't miss the good stuff - Cherokee saying - photo ©CindyRippe2013
I had Mom with me today.  We had a really early start and I kept her busy along with me as we accomplished several jobs and errands after I helped her with a personal care projects.  We laughed as we traveled in and out of the pouring rain. (whenever we were inside the skies cleared up - when we headed out the door the rain would start again!)  I helped her and she ended up helping me by hemming a pair slacks. I wasn't sure she'd be still be able to do that but we were both pleased and surprised at the outcome.  I took her to see the family of Swans at Lake Katherine, to her doctor appointment and more.  Even though the weather overall was dreary we made our own sunshine with patience and laughter.  It was a good day.

The orange tulips are from the garden outside the Visitors Center at Morton Arboretum.  I had the photo in the file from my visit last week.  They were really tall and so bright glowing in the sunshine. I didn't even notice them when I headed toward the lake and flowering trees that surround it.  I guess I looking up at the time but I'm so glad I got a second chance to see them on my return trip along the path.  Just as I learned a few new ways to enjoy the good time we have left with Mom that day, I learned to slow down as I walk the garden paths.  And pay attention...

Everything in life comes to you as a teacher. Pay Attention. Learn Quickly. Cherokee saying

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...