One Positive Focus

Change your Thoughts quote, Norman Vincent Peale, Chicago Flower and Garden Show 2013, Stacey Carlton, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
One-thought-at-a-time-One-focus-CindyRippe©2013
This is one of those crazy weeks in my life.  I've planned ahead, and instead of letting things stress me out, I've realized that I can only focus on one thing at a time.  I will work hard at keeping a positive attitude as I accomplish each job, favors for others, personal care and even a little of my own design business.

This glass mannequin head was part of the Chicago Flower and Garden Show exhibit, "The Art of Floral". (I've included information about this individual display below.)  The thing that caught my eye was the flower inside the head.  I immediately thought, "flowers on my mind", "focusing on flowers" and things like that, but it ended up being perfect for today's "Positive Focus" blog post.

Wish me luck! I'm off to the next focus of the day.

Information about the display:
Designer, Stacey Carlton AIFD, CFD created a display for Whole Foods Market South Loop.  Inspired by the Alexander McQueen 2013 Spring and Summer Collection, and Sarah Burton's, "Spirit of the Hive" bee themed masterpieces.  The artist paid homage to the feted fashion house and worker bee women everywhere by offering a hive inspired bumble bee esque assemble. The natural basket reed creates dizzying movement reminiscent of a bee's path.  The use of strong contrasted colors echo a bee's uniform on a human silhouette.



1 comment:

  1. Oh I love that photo, Cindy!!! That hat is amazing. lol So fun! Good for you for the focus and not stressing. Easy to say, not always easy to do, sometimes. Inchworms eventually get there too, don't they. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...