Hidden Beauty, Daffodils and Hope

Daffodils, Spring Flowers, Fernwood Gardens, H. R. Giger quote, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Early Daffodils hidden under Winter grasses ©CindyRippe2013 - quote by H. R. Giger 
We took a ride to Fernwood Gardens yesterday.  I had hoped to capture some photos of early spring woodland flowers. There are several endangered and protected plants (at least to me) in Fernwood's Nature Preserve and it's unusually diverse growing conditions.  I want to see the Yellow Lady's Slippers and Jack in the Pulpit one day but yesterday was not that day. Darn!

At first glance, as you walk through the gardens, there is an overall feeling that it's still winter.  Not much green.  I'm sure the chilly rain wasn't helping either.  But as I looked closer I could see flowers, many with their heads down, like these little daffodils hidden under the Winter Grasses.  I think if we walked quickly along the paths we would have missed so much!  The rain stopped, and it warmed up a little, which gave us the opportunity to see bunches of flowers reaching for the sun.  It was a beautiful walk after all!

For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it. Ivan Panin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...