Visiting Botanic Gardens and a walk with Nature

Spring Flowers, John Muir Nature quote, Hyacinths, Botanic Gardens, American Horticultural Society, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Walking with Nature ©CindyRippe2013 - quote by John Muir
Time to reconnect with nature.  I have gardens to see, flowers to plant, and memories to capture. Yes, there are the usual household chores that need to be done each Spring, but I'm grateful that I get to balance the work with visits to Botanic Gardens, work in my own garden and have time to seek out the changes that happen each day as nature celebrates new life.

The gardens I visit most often are Morton Arboretum, Chicago Botanic Gardens, Fernwood Gardens, Pilcher Park and Lake Katherine.  As a member of Morton Arboretum I have reciprocal privileges at botanical gardens across the county.  Many times when we plan a trip we work around a visit to one of these gardens.  Entry or parking is usually free with my Morton Arb membership card which really adds up by the end of the year.  The walking paths are great for exercise, the fresh air and beauty is soul restoring, and there are great ideas for planning your own garden. Search for a garden near you on the American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Admissions Program site.

Which garden can you recommend that we visit on our next trip?

I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. George Washington Carver

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...