I'd rather Draw Flowers with this Giant Pencil than work on Taxes!

Sculpture of Writing Instruments, I-80 rest stop near Tiffin, Giant pencil, I'd rather draw flowers, the importance of literature and education rest stop in Iowa, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Pencil Sculpture near Tiffin, Iowa along I80 ©CindyRippe2012
I'm getting bored with the whole Income Tax paperwork job that I hope to have finished today.  Boring......... Of course, there are lots of pretty pictures on this external hard drive along with class records and receipts to keep help keep me entertained!  (I think the better term would be driving me to distraction and encouraging procrastination.)

Here's a picture of me from a few months ago at a rest stop along I-80 in Iowa.  Giant writing instruments and inspiring quotes designed to reflect the importance of literature and education. It was cold and windy that day.  We were only there for a few minutes (and had fun racing to see who would get back to the car first) but I still managed to take about 10 pictures.  Imagine that! 

Well, I guess I'd better get back to work !

Distraction and procrastination come in a variety of flavors... when I'm distracted and I walk over and stare out the window, it's a very different experience than when I feed the distraction by cramming in a few emails or make a phone call.  Linda Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...