Reflections - Birthday thoughts

Spring Flowers, Chicago Botanic Gardens Antique and Garden Fair, Garden Statue, mirror reflection, turquoise table, white flowering branch, turquoise, antique and garden fair, Cindy Rippe
Reflections - Display at the Chicago Botanic Gardens Antique and Garden Fair - ©CindyRippe
Another year has gone by.  I celebrated my birthday yesterday without fanfare or a cake.  (I'm saving my calories for a Molly's chocolate cupcake that I'll get in a few days.)  My Mother-in-Law had minor surgery so we started the day off really early and had time for a long visit.  It was better than last year when I ended up in the Emergency Room and stayed overnight for observation.  So, O.K., two birthdays in a row at the hospital is enough I've decided.  I am tremendously grateful that both times ended up working out well.

I did spend some of the day reflecting over the last year.  Glad that "choices" was my word for 2012, wishing I had made some better choices and happy that I made others.  I was really discouraged that I didn't do so well on my weight loss journey but appreciated the call from my TOPS leader to remind me that I had only gained 1 pound last year. I thought about the blessings I've received, my wonderful family and can only hope that my thoughts and actions for this year will relect that.

Do you take time to reflect on each passing birthday?  It's pretty powerful, and reassuring to know that you're getting another chance to grow a little more as a child of God.

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...