Basil Beginnings - Colored Pencil Cultivation

colored pencil, cindy rippe, basil, plants, terra cotta pot, drawing, art classes, philippians 3:12, Growing as an artist
Cultivating Basil Beginnings in Colored Pencil - ©CindyRippe2013
While working on collections for my online classes and ebooks I found this Basil plant drawing.  I taught it several years ago, as an introduction to colored pencil techniques, and it's part of a series of herbs.  I haven't seen it for a while so I was surprised to see that the perspective on the rim of the pot was wrong. It's not perfect but I don't mind. My original drawing is correct.  I'm sure I was distracted when I worked on the metal tag which I really like.

It reminded me that we are all growing, like the basil plant. The steps we take, the lessons we learn, are all a part of becoming who we are meant to be.  Maybe we're not perfect......but we all have good qualities that make us happy.  Concentrate on the happy and keep growing!

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Philippians 3:12

1 comment:

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...