Art Directions and Business Focus

Amaryllis, amaryllis buds, Cindy Rippe, Ideas, Focus, Oprah Winfrey quote, business for artist
Amaryllis Buds inspiring thoughts of FOCUS - ©CindyRippe2013
The Amaryllis buds are growing quickly.  Each one reaching out to find it's own space on the stem yet all with one goal; to bloom beautifully.

I couldn't help thinking that it looks the way I feel right now.  So many directions, ideas and goals.  I'm making more progress than I have in years but I just don't have it all together yet. You might remember I mentioned that I'm working on focus and accomplishments this year.  The idea of writing down my design ideas and business goals on to Post-it® Notes and categorize them in a notebook has been a good start.  (shared by my friend Kelly and as part of the Right Brain Business Plan.  I had a pile of 12 different idea notebooks and I have only two more to go through. I've been carrying them with me and have worked on them while sitting in the surgical waiting area, babysitting while Bella is in school, and while watching TV.  Since I'm currently focusing on organization and de-cluttering it fits in with my plan.

Focus.......... it's what I'll need to do if I intend on reaching my Business Goals.  Well.... to be honest I need to narrow those down too and Focus my energy on one thing at a time.  Maybe it's just the way creative people think.  I don't think I'm the only one, am I?

"Energy is the essence of life. Every day you decide how you’re going to use it by knowing what you want and what it takes to reach that goal, and by maintaining focus." Oprah Winfrey

Speaking of focus... Bella is done drawing pictures and when I told her I was finishing this "story" she said, "Hello, how ya doing?  This flower only grows in spring, but sometimes that flower grows in winter. Kids can smell flowers everywhere, when it's winter, spring and...summer...ANY season.  The END."

1 comment:

  1. Going through your blog posts this a.m. Cindy
    :-) LOVE your posts and quotes !
    NO you're not the only one!!! Sounds like your goals and mine are the same this year. Thanks for this tip from you and Kelly. I have a stack of idea books too. I'll get on this right away :-)
    Deb E

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...