January Flower of the Month - Carnation

©CindyRippe 2013 - January Flower of the Month - Carnation

The carnation, January's flower of the month, is a common flower that's been popular over the years for Mother's Day and for corsages and boutonnnieres.  I haven't had success growing them (not enough sun in my yard) and don't think of them when purchasing flowers at the market.  I forgot how good they smelled!  I think I'll buy them more often this year.

There are many flower meanings for the carnation including admiration, beauty, love, distinction, pride and gratitude.  Each color also has a different meaning according to the Victorian Language of Flowers.  The white ones represent pure love, friendship, endearment, good luck, sweet and lovely.

I chose friendship because I've had so much support from my friends over the past year.  I look forward to seeing them more often in 2013!

This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.  John 15:12-15

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...