Healing Trees

 On my way to the Morton Arboretum this morning I had a close encounter with lumber that fell from the back of a truck.  It was headed right toward my windshield and barely missed my car.  I handled the situation OK when it happened and realized just how lucky I was after recalling the incident later.  To work off a little of the nerves I took a walk.
I ended up in the Conifer Garden and suddenly realized how beautiful the area was.  Next, I made the connection that here I was; enjoying the beauty that these trees provided such a short time after I had the near miss with the large boards on the expressway.  It made me happy that I was given this gift of beauty from the same thing that could have caused me great injury just a little while earlier.  God is good!

There is new life in the soil for every man. There is healing in the trees for tired minds and for our overburdened spirits, there is strength in the hills, if only we will lift up our eyes. Remember that nature is your great restorer.  CALVIN COOLIDGE, speech, Jul. 25, 1924



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...