Autumn Roses - Transitions - Family Caregivers

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.  -- George Eliot
Mom's finally on the mend - Thank you God!  While we are happy that she is healing physically; the Dementia creates a new challenge to us as Caregivers.  Unfocused and forgetful, she needs a constant watchful eye to make sure she's eating, using her cane, not losing her balance and much more.  One minute she feels great and the next she's in really bad pain again.  It's part of the healing process and getting stronger, so it's understandable.  On the other hand, it's exhausting to keep up with her needs.  As usual we make it through the day by focusing on the positive (eventually...I never said I was perfect!) and relying on humor and faith.

The transition from a broken body to a healthy one can be filled with happy moments as well as sad.  This first day of Autumn makes me appreciate things while I still have them and try to anticipate the good things yet to come.  Mom's favorite yellow roses are sharing their last set of blooms this week as we will miss them!  I created a display that transitions the end of summer's flowers in one of the pumpkin bowls that I use to decorate for fall.
Happy 1st day of Autumn!

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens.    Ecclesiastes 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...