Hidden Beauty - Family Caregivers

Hellebore - ©CindyRippe 2012
I had a hard time writing this post.  I want to keep things positive but we've had some rough days around here.  I know that things could be worse.  I know that she doesn't realize that she's stressing us out.  I know that we are supposed to have lots of patience.  It just doesn't always work that way.

I wish that some of the other family members would take on a little of the responsibility but I understand that Mom needs stability and routine.  She needs her own space as well as the comfort of just a few people at a time.  I'm just running out of creative ways to make things work.

I'll keep searching though.  Just like the day I went to Fernwood Gardens a few months ago looking to photograph Spring Woodland flowers.  The Hellebore plants are not easy to find with the flowers tucked under the leaves and the petals facing down.  I finally found a patch with pink flowers that were a little easier to see.  With lots of effort (I had a really sore knee that day) I was able to get down under the plant to see the beauty and details.  It was so worth the momentary pain!

Hellebore flower detail - ©CindyRippe 2012
So, as I said above, I'll keep searching for the beauty inside Mom.  It may be hidden but I know it's there somewhere.

Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.  - Kahlil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...