Life's Surprises and a Red Amaryllis

I haven't been feeling great lately and have been unpleasantly surprised at how little time I've been able to spend in my studio. I sneak up there once in a while though. Yesterday, I was totally surprised to find this red flower blooming in my window.


©Cindy Rippe 2012

It’s really pretty but I was expecting this:

The pink and white varieties are my favorite and red would be my last choice when buying bulbs.
Red Orange Amaryllis
©Cindy Rippe 2012

It was such a happy surprise though. A cheerful color that reaches out and says "Hi there! There are better days ahead"  How could I be disappointed? 
 

  “The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.”  Ashley Montague

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...