Nature's Peace for the Human Spirit

Creek at Pilcher Park. Joliet, IL ©CindyRippe2014 
Instead of sitting in the waiting room at the Auto Repair center today I took advantage of the free car rental option in my warranty and headed to the woods.  I've posted pictures from the greenhouse at Pilcher Park before but this one is from the Nature Trail.

I was in search of Virginia Bluebells and there were millions of them.  Waves of the bell shaped blue flowers covered the landscape.  I will be posting pictures of them soon, along with an assortment of other spring flowers, but wanted to share this picture first.  The creek winds through the woods along the trail and was incredibly peaceful today.  If you look closely in the upper left you can see some of the bluebells growing under the trees.

The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man. Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...