Week of Words - Day 7 - Moments

Moments of Inspiration, Design Seminar with Mary Jo Leisure, Kelly Hoernig, Cindy Rippe, Florals-Family-Faith,
Week of Words - Moments - Day 7  - ©CindyRippe2013
I've had a wonderful week of designing, travel, inspiration, and friends.  It was a week of work but, for  me, it was long overdue.  During the day I sketched, gathered my design themes and even painted a few things.  Most of all though I was spending time absorbing and being reminded of the rules of good design and listening to my Design Mentor, and friend, Mary Jo Leisure.  I've been making an almost annual trek to spend the time with her for many, many, years.

Each evening my friend and cohort, Kelly Hoernig, and I would pour over our trend research, business planning materials and marketing ideas.  Don't get me wrong.  We did lots of laughing and visiting but work was our goal.  There wasn't much time for sleep, except for the nights were exhausted, and I'm sure we were designing in our dreams.

There were renewed friendships, special memories, some tears, laughter and sparks of imagination flying all over the place. Our hosts, Larry and Cheri Rol, provided a wonderful studio space, food, and a place to be inspired.  So many MOMENTS added up to an experience that I'm, once again, grateful to have been a part of.

The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.  Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...