Sweet Pansies and Memories

Pansies in a glass bottle, Joseph Campbell quote, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Sweet Pansies - ©CindyRippe2013
My cousin, Jeri, gave me this tiny little bottle filled with pansies today.  I was so taken with the sweet beauty of the flowers that I didn't notice the beading that she added around the neck of the bottle at first.  It was an unexpected and precious gift.

According to the Victorian Language of Flowers a mixed bunch of pansy flowers like this means "Forget Me Not".  Well, it was the perfect gift to represent the day.  Our Church celebrated it's 150th Anniversary this morning. Actually, it was the 150th Anniversary of the day they laid the cornerstone when building the church.  We were able to celebrate and visit with friends from long ago (and eat birthday cake too).   We then spent the rest of the day with family and friends at our annual Memorial Day picnic.  Lots of memories and fun here as well.  (along with many more sweet desserts)

One of the most important memories of the day for me was when I thought about my family members that served in the Military and defended our country.  They are the reason that we are able to have days and memories like those of today.  To them and to all the other men and women who served to keep our country free; I remember you, I thank you, and appreciate the sweetness of freedom.

A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.  Joseph Campbell


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...