Lily of the Valley - May's flower of the month in the care of my garden fairy.

Lily of the Valley on my desk, white flowers, spring, botanical artist, May Flower of the Month, garden fairy vase, florals-family-faith, Cindy Rippe
Lily of the Valley from my Garden - ©CindyRippe2013
Well, the lily of the valley flowers have finally bloomed!  I know they are late this year but with everything else taking so long to bloom I'm not even sure when they should have opened.  I've been checking for flowers for the last two weeks!  Lily of the Valley is May's Flower of the Month and I had hoped to post an illustration this year drawn from my own garden. The photo from last year turned out to be a Snowdrop.  oops!  There are fewer flowers on my plants this year overall but the delicate little bells are a welcome addition to my desk. I share some each year with my neighbor, Grace, as she says they are one of her favorite flowers.

I'll be drawing and painting them soon, but not today.  Too many other things to do!  Not to worry though.  My little garden fairy will take care of them for me until tomorrow.

Who would have thought it possible that a tiny little flower could preoccupy a person so completely that there simply wasn't room for any other thought. Sophie Scholl 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...