Spring Imagined - A display at the local Home & Garden Show that helps with the Countdown to Spring.

Yellow Tulips, yellow bird statue, spring flower display, Tinley Park Home and Garden Show 2013, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Yellow Tulips and Chickadee display by Water's Edge at the Tinley Park Home and Garden Show ©CindyRippe2013
My day hasn't gone as planned.  I was unable to concentrate on paperwork but I was able to get rid of all the junk mail.  I had a craving for chocolate chip cookie dough so I made a batch of cookies for Lee.  After I had my spoonful of dough I added lots of pecans to the rest of the mix so I wouldn't be tempted to eat more.  I wanted to look in the garden to see if there were any new flowers peeking up but the mud from the rain and melted snow caused me to change my mind. 

I did, however, find this picture from last weekend at our local Home and Garden Show.  It's a totally staged display of potted tulips and a bird statue. But as part of a beautiful booth by Water's Edge Aquascaping, Inc., it reminded me that I should keep the positive attitude and the time for paperwork will come.  Just as the exhibitors created that feeling of Spring's arrival I can create my own feeling of energetic concentration for work.  After Mom leaves tonight I'll put on some music, block out distractions, and imagine my own little perfect "Spring" when the paperwork is finished!

“But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day.” Habakkuk 2:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...