Happy Spring - Enjoying the Light

First Day of Spring, Daffodils, Spring quote about flowers, Daffodils, Yellow flowers, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Yellow Daffodils remind me of the Sunshine ©Cindy Rippe 2013 quote by Bishop Reginald Heber
Happy Spring!  Although it's still really cold outside I can see green shoots peeking up from the perennial bed, the pussy willow bush looks like it's finally ready to be cut and the sun is shining brightly through the window.  The glorious sunshine........I've missed it so.

Even though it's not the first flower that will bloom in my garden, I've chosen the daffodil to welcome Spring.  The trumpet shape sounding the call, the yellow blooms echoing the sunshine and it's fresh scent to clear the air. I'm looking forward to the bunches of blooms as the winter chill fades and the warmer weather takes it's place.

It's also my niece, Julie's, birthday today.  What a lovely day to celebrate each year!  You were the first on this side of the family.  A first Grandchild, Niece and Daughter.  A bright ray of sunshine and love and still very special to us all.

The weather may be cold today but I'll enjoy this sunny day while looking forward to a day that actually feels like Spring!

The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month. Henry Van Dyke


1 comment:

  1. Daffodils are my favourites, and the mini ones are so cute. Happy Birthday Julie. E

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...