Grateful Abundance - A Gathering of Friends, Family and Orchids

Orchids in a Glass Vase, White Ceramic Birds, Purple Orchids, Grateful, Abundance, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Grateful Abundance - A Gathering of Friends, Family and Orchids ©CindyRippe2013
I had the most wonderful visit yesterday with friends and family!  Lauri and Paul came in from Southern Illinois and our mutual friends, Jeanette and Larry, invited everyone (including the kids and grandkids) to gather at their house for the day.  I met Lauri and Jeanette while working in a preschool 30 years ago.  We've been like sisters for all of these years and have become family.

For me, the opportunity to have everyone together was made even more special because our children were all able to be there, which if you know me at all is the best thing ever!  I can't explain it.  It's just so good to be with them.

After all the kids left there was a knock at the door.  What a surprise!  Jeanette had invited Mrs. Carver to stop by for dinner.  She was the sweetest and funniest Nursery School teacher that we worked with all those years ago.  It was such a special treat.  So many memories, catching up on our lives apart and rekindling a special bond. She's still very sweet and funny by the way :)

As we left to go home Larry gave us each a bouquet of orchids.  As I photographed them for you today the only word that came to mind was "abundance".  My heart is full of love, beauty and the little sparkles of joy that carry special memories with you long after a special gathering like this.  The abundance of the orchids (I don't think I've ever had so many at one time) and their beautiful flowers give me a visual representation of that joy and gratitude for an abundance of special moments in my life.

... when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present--love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us pleasure--the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth.  Sarah Ban Brethnach

3 comments:

  1. Today's moments brought tears to my eyes for you. What a truly blessed day our Lord gave you! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Von, very special post today, absolutely felt your heart and the overwhelming abundance of love.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...