Life is about not knowing - Sweet Ambiguity

not knowing, life, tree, sweet ambiguity, gilda radner, garden
Our tree before the changes - Delicious Ambiguity - ©CindyRippe2013Life is about not knowing - Sweet Ambiguity - ©CindyRippe2013
Today's the day we are getting a tree trimmed.  It's a huge maple tree.  The leaves give the perfect amount of shade on the deck and keep the house cool in the summer, the birds love it and we are entertained by their antics while feeding on the seeds we provide.  There is a pair of squirrels that race around the trunk all year long and the ivy bed below provides a perfect frame for one of my cement angels (and a hiding spot for a garden snake once in a while).  It's always the last tree to change color in the fall, but then again, it's the last to drop it's leaves which adds another day of raking just when you think you're almost done!

As with any plant in the garden it has it's issues.  It's probably too close to the houses (ours as well as our neighbors) and there is worry about storm damage some day.  Well, today is the day that we hope to make that better.  Lee and the neighbor have made the decisions about which limbs need to go, who's going to do that, when they'll arrive and all the rest of the details.  I've been given the job to work from home today so that if there are any questions I can answer them.   Whaaaat????  I don't even know what you guys have agreed on.  I don't know anything about trimming trees, how much it should cost, or what to do if something goes wrong. Thanks!

I'm also wondering what the tree will look like or how things will change in the garden.  I'm the type of person that just needs to know. The plans, the times, the details.  I can usually handle and adapt if I just know what's going on.  I don't like to be "hanging in limbo" (hey....tree limbs....limbo....lol).   Well, I finally realized that I'm NOT going to know so just go with it.  Life is about not knowing and can be a delicious discovery.  I went outside, took pictures of the tree and will stay out of the way unless they need me.  Feels pretty good.  "Delicious Ambiguity" as Gilda Radner once said.

“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity.”            Gilda Radner

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...