Nothing in Nature is Perfect - Family Caregivers

This whole experience as one of Mom's Caregivers hasn't been easy, that's for sure!  Each day (heck each minute!) can reveal a change in mood or health.  Things aren't perfect but we haven't given up and keep trying to do our best to help her to stay with us "in the moment".

Mom has always loved roses.  A trip to the Rose Garden at the Chicago Botanic Garden this morning was good for both of us.  We were overwhelmed with the beauty of hundreds of thousands of blooms, in every shape and color.  All of the flowers were beautiful but as I zoomed in for closer photographs I noticed that on every blossom there was at least one imperfection.  I was reminded that even though there are things that Mom's done to hurt or confuse me, she still has her overall beauty as a person and I need to keep trying my best to see that instead of the imperfections of her disease. I also need to remind myself not to be so hard on myself as a caregiver.  I'm not perfect either! 

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.  2 Corinthians 4:16

Linking to: Seeds of Faith and


Blog Hops Everyday Friday Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...