After the Storm - Family Caregivers

Hail Storm - Cindy Rippe 2012

It was really hot yesterday and there was a possibility of storms. I checked the sky.  Nope, not a cloud in sight.  What seemed like a just few minutes later we heard thunder.  A sudden storm with hail and heavy rain appeared out of nowhere. I could almost imagine the grass dancing with joy since it's been so dry! We lost power due to a downed power line, the ice melted quickly and there was no  permanent damage. I was able to capture a few photos to share with the rest of the family.

As I look at the pictures this morning the one with Mom's frail hand reminded me of the blog that I read for Caregiver support.  She compares what my Sister and I call "The Switch" to an iceberg and The Twilight Zone show.  She writes, "The day could start out great and then--whoosh--I would be transported into another time and place where mom sounded the same and looked the same but she sure wasn’t acting like the mom I knew!"  For us, sometimes, it's the reality she's imagined and told us about repeatedly and we know how to react.  Other times it's brand new and we are caught off guard.  I'm sure we make mistakes in the way we handle things when we are surprised but know we are doing our best. Thankfully the ice eventually melts and there is no permanent damage.


And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.   Romans 8:28 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...