Snow Falling Soundlessly in the Middle of the Night

Snow Falling Tonight - ©CindyRippe 2014  Quote from Missin' by ― Novala Takemoto
It's been snowing .... again... since this afternoon.  Sounds like it will continue for several more days but that's not unusual for January in Northern Illinois.  Now that my kids have made it safely home after a long day of travel I can enjoy the beauty.  I probably won't enjoy shoveling, or driving in it, so much tomorrow though!

It's almost midnight and for this moment, this quiet and peaceful moment looking out of my back door, I can enjoy this "Snow falling soundlessly in the middle of the night".

I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields...  It covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, 'Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.  Lewis Carroll



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...