March Weather and Garden Wonders - You never know what to expect!

Fritillaria meleagris,purple striped crocus, snow on pine branches, E.B.White quote about Wonder, Spring in the Garden, Snow in Spring, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
You just never know about the weather in March...."Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder". ~ E.B. White - Fritillaria meleagris,purple striped crocus,and snow on pine branches ©CindyRippe2013 

It's been snowing here for the last 12 hours.  (One of the joys of living in Northern Illinois.) You just never know what to expect.  While I know that we need the moisture, snow in March is not my favorite for sure!  I started wondering what it was like last year at this time and found pictures from two prior years during the same week of March.  What a difference!

I chose these three, captured on my garden visits to Lake Katherine. It's one of our favorites for walks around the lake.  There are perennial, butterfly and herb gardens as well as a conifer garden near the waterfall.  I have to admit the snow is really beautiful but of course I'd rather see the flowers. The photos remind me what is waiting under all that snow.  Maybe that will make it a little easier to handle as I shovel and sweep my way out tomorrow morning!

O LORD, how manifold are your works! In wisdom has thou made them all: the earth is full of your riches. Psalm 104:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...