My Birds and Books - Studio Memories

Birds and Books, Botanical books, Nature Books, Bird's Nest, Bird scluptures, bookcase decor, Florals-Family-Faith, Cindy Rippe
Some of my botanical and nature books with a collection of birds and nests. ©CindyRippe2013
As I work my way through the studio to "clean up and clear out" I've been taking pictures of the parts of the room that I've really enjoyed and want to remember.  This set of two book shelves was filled with my collection of bird statuary and unique nests.

Most of the bird nests were purchased at Nell Hill's in Atchison, Kansas.  I traveled there every year as part of many annual trips to Mary Jo Leisure Design Seminars.  The birds are a mix of cement and wrought iron garden accents, Marjolein Bastin collectables and a porcelain piece that I had planned to paint some day. 

My collection of vintage botanical books were purchased in antique shops and on ebay many years ago.  The rest were collected from estate and library sales.  The rare and very special books mix comfortably with books and magazines that I've use for reference or just for a few moments of inspiration.

After I took these pictures the shelves were cleaned and then filled to the brim with the books that I kept from the emptied shelves the other day.  The birds and nests are piled on the top of the shelves, for now, with plans to create a series of paintings with each one.  I hope they're looking forward to the next adventure as much as I am!

Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.  Raymond Lindquist

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...