Happy Heart

Happy Heart Bible Verse, Daffodils, Ceramic Bird, Yellow Flowers, Florals, Family, Faith, Cindy Rippe
Happy Heart - Happy Bird - Verse from Proverbs 15:13  ©CindyRippe2013
I thought that keeping busy would make me happy today.  I had a long list of little chores to do around the house, have Mom visiting, and Lee's finally able to paint the office.  I kept plugging along, tried to do whatever I could to make Mom happy, to help Lee with whatever he needed, kept them feed with meals, snacks and beverages, all the while doing my own jobs.  I haven't stopped for 9 hours.

It didn't work.  Mom is still not happy being here and thinks that I'm being mean to her and lying to her about why she's with me.  Can't seem to understand why I'm looking at the computer screen and not paying more attention to her.  20 minutes is all I need Mom.    

Sigh.................................Dementia sucks.

The daffodils and this little ceramic bird, that I made 30 years ago, are oblivious to the unhappiness within me this evening and act as a reminder that tomorrow could be better.  I'm hanging on to that.

 The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  Galatians 5:22


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...