View to Inspiration

©CindyRippe2010
My kitchen centerpiece as inspiration for a morning sketch ©CindyRippe2010
©CindyRippe2010
Birds from the garden in a winter centerpiece - ©CindyRippe2010
©CindyRippe2010
Bargain Bin Amaryllis that likes it's new home - ©CindyRippe2010
I like to change out the centerpiece on my kitchen table pretty often. It's where I start my day with my devotional, planner and sketchbook. The design will depend on the season, flowers or plants, if I have them, and whatever I grab from around the house. From December through January I like to include "snow" (kosher salt sometimes scattered with white glitter) "ice" (in this case acrylic snowflakes and a small wreath covered with crystals) and usually some garden or botanical element (the Amaryllis is finally blooming - YEAH!). I was so excited to get this cake stand from Jason and Sarah for Christmas. I have lots of ideas for centerpiece themes. The wrought iron birds were on my deck last summer. What a cozy place to spend the winter! I found the Amaryllis bulb at the local hardware store on clearance for $2.50! It was already growing in the box, crooked and a bit stunted but I think it likes it's new home! I'm sure you can guess the focus of this week's 30 minute sketch a day!

 Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don't waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail. Og Mandino

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and appreciate that you are taking the time to visit. Note: All comments are moderated and will be reviewed before posting so they might not show up immediately. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...